1. To do this you will need:
SUPPLY: A colorful rope, embroidery tread in coordinating colors (I used two but take as many as you want, or none at all !), 2 spring end or jewelery end, 1 lobster clasp and 2 jump rings. The chain is optional,
TOOLS: Scissors, jewelry pliers (or the long nose ones from the boyfried toolbox), a hot glue gun (with glue in it!) and a lighter.
Now we will make the rope chain wich is basically a basic crochet chain stitch. If you don't understand with the pics there's some great videos on YouTubes.
2. Leaving a long part behind (remember the chain is the middle of the necklace) just make a loop with the rope. The beginning of the rope should be the part that's under the loop.
3. Hold the loop with one end.
4. Put your fingers of the other hand in the loop to go grab the rope.
5. Pull all the way through until the knot you just made is tight enough.
6. Now you basically are gonna do the same thing until the chain is long enough.
7. Here you go, almost done !
8. Cut the rope leaving a long end and to fasten the chain, just pull the end through your last loop.
9. Pull until it's tight.
10. Now decide how long you want the necklace to be and cut both ends at the same distance from the chain. To get neat end to the rope, lightly burn it with the lighter. Then, glue the spring or jewelry end with the hot glue gun.
11. Put the clasp on (and chain if you have one)
12. If you want to, add embroidery tread around the rope for a little more colour. (I used THAT TECHNIQUE)
Et pour mes lecteurs francophones, je serai heureuse de vous donner les instructions en français si vous le voulez. Envoyez moi seulement un petit courriel !
P.S. To make this I was inspired by THIS and THIS that I found via Pinterest.